19 April 2007

My ride to work


It has to be the best commute I've ever had: 32km through the alps, along a canyon and over a couple of tricky climbs. The canyon road is quite amazing, just wide enough for a car and with a short tunnel bashed through some rock (you can just see it to the right of the photo).


This is the last climb - a nasty 1 in 6 effort over the Sonnberg before dropping down to Fuschl where the office is. Gotta love it.
The cycling season is now well under way and I had my first ride out with the bike club (RC Hallein) last week. That turned out to be a 110km in 3hr 15min blast through Bavaria, just over the German border. I felt surprisingly strong given that it was my first proper ride in months, but it was seriously "vollgas" and no hanging around.

1 comment:

Jarred Taylor said...

Nice one buddy, looks like a wicked ride... im getting withdrawls, 2 weeks off the bike because of my hand, and it turns out it's broken... that will learn me for thiking i can do what our jenna does, even at half her pace! Go Nickers Go!